Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Just Trying to Help Out

Everything's been pretty hectic, as you might imagine--or maybe you don't imagine--I mean, I guess I wouldn't if I wasn't here--I'd prefer to imagine tranquility, harmony, and quiet. Anyway, everything is hectic. I'm not much help, having no technical skills whatsoever. Did I already say that?

Well, okay, it's the last chance for last minute changes, what do they call that? Eleventh hour? Something like that. It's time to question EVERYTHING, every decision that made perfect sense three months ago now seems like it was made by a TOTALLY INSANE person! Who was this insane person who made these decisions? Who hired a RUMMY as captain of this ship?

I'm talking about the movie, The Pool. We're leaving for Sundance Film Festival in a couple of days. A couple of us. Others coming later. Anyway, my last minute suggestion was CHANGE THE BEGINNING of the film! Open with Venkatesh, the main character, lying facedown in the pool, riddled with bullet holes. But get this, he's doing a VOICE-OVER. He's narrating the story from the dead position. How did he get there? It’s a grand mystery!

Well, needless to say, my suggestion was met with all manner of derisive comments. I can understand it's not really in the SPIRIT of the film, plus would be hard to pull off (requiring re-shoots, and an entire narration track), but I thought being pelted with OBJECTS was a little harsh. I'm just trying to "take it to another level" after all. Give me a break!

No comments: