Friday, January 19, 2007

More You're NO Help

It's my birthday right now, but no one knows it or they might have humored my latest suggestion at least a little but. It might have required a bit of additional shooting, and I fully realize that at this late date that's a tall order, but we dwell here on the edge do we not? That was my exact question... and was met with blank stares.

Anyway, my idea was to end the film with some kind of an dance number, maybe a dance contest in which the Indian youth comes to the United States, travels across the country, and gets on one of those new TV shows that are like talent shows. I'll admit, I haven't actually seen one, but I can imagine that they might be like the old "Little Rascals" show. Am I wrong?

So, against all odds, he wins the contest, and it's pretty heartwarming and also funny. But then, because we still want to have a message, you know, other than, all you have to do is believe in yourself and all that, the Indian youth gets mixed up somehow with a battalion of soldiers being shipped out to Iraq. Laughter, tears, horror, vomit, Let's go!

No comments: