Tuesday, January 23, 2007

This day or that day

Already several days have gone by without me being able to update this journal, which is too bad because I've forgotten the last couple of days. I saw three movies in one day, which may have been Sunday, which is too many for me to see in one day because they all kind of run together. I'm not going to write any kind of reviews or impressions of any of them because I'm not paid to do that, and there are plenty of people who are, and I find that kind of thing painful to write. Actually, there are plenty of people who AREN'T paid to write that kind of stuff who LOVE to do it anyway, and so there you go.

Yesterday was the first screening of The Pool, which was exciting, it looked good, the first time I've seen it really finished. My attempt to be objective about this movie that my friends made, and I had some hand in as well, has destroyed all possibility for me to be objective about any other films here. One of the things that people regularly ask you here is what you've seen and how you liked what you've seen. Which is fine, and understandable, and I do that too, but it's a bit taxing.

So those are my excuses for not writing about films I've seen. We did have a dinner with a celebrity chef last night at something called Chef Dance. It was at some place with at least four different names, or maybe it was four or five places together. There was high security, we had to get wristbands and show them to eight or nine different security people to finally get in this back room with long tables, and a huge kitchen, lots of cooking going on, waitpeople bringing out one after another courses (with a lot of time in between), and the best part, some real characters hanging around, watching the door, maybe? Or the joint owners? A lot of them looked like character actors in the parts of restaurant owners, bouncers, hit men, etc. Now I'm thinking that maybe they WERE actors, kind of there auditioning, waiting to be discovered. It might work, too. If I was looking for some actor to play a Russian Italian gangster who might beat the shit out of someone, I would have approached one of these guys.

Okay, more later, I hope. I mean more on this day, which was yesterday, if I get the chance, and this day, which is this day, doesn't get in the way.

No comments: